Posted on October 31, 2015
Medication and vitamins
- Birth Control Pills – may affect the skin by causing hyper pigmentation
- Antihistamines, which are often taken for sinus congestion
- Medicines containing bromides
- Clients having predisposition to acne
- The effects of environmental pollution
- Sinus problems
- Effects of Sunlight
Stress and lifestyle pressure
- Stress triggers the pituitary gland to stimulate the adrenal glands. The adrenal glands produce testosterone in women, which can result in an increased production of sebum.
- Effects of stress on adrenal glands for long periods can compromise your immune system.
- See Skin Triggers
Menstruation, pregnancy and hormones
- Menstruation can cause the skin’s natural function to be off balance 3 to 4 days before or after one’s cycle.
- Pregnancy can cause the sebaceous glands to over produce sebum. This can cause additional emotional stress, which contributes to a continued increase in over activity of the sebaceous glands. Any hormone change can cause an imbalance of the sebaceous glands.
- Hormone fluctuation can cause an excess production of sebum and can cause the testosterone levels to escalate.
Dental Work, X-rays
- Excessive dental work
- After dental anesthesia by injection
- X-rays inhibit sebaceous gland activity
- The purpose of this list is not to provide an exhaustive account of skin manifestations, but to educate you the client that much of what is seen on the skin surface is due to a systemic or external reason.
- Effects show us that we cannot treat a part of our bodies without affecting the whole body.